Friday, August 15, 2008

Hilton Head Vacation: On Our Way

I feel a little awkward blogging about something before it happens, but it may be more than a day before I get to provide an update of our trip. We (my parents and I) are excited about taking a week away from work to visit Cashlin (Chris and Patti will be there too, but everyone knows we are going to visit Cashlin ;) ) in Hilton Head, South Carolina.

Today we begin our travel. My parents will meet me in New Orleans in a couple of hours and we hope to drive to Mobile, Alabama to rest for the night. Tomorrow we will make the remainder of the trip and meet Chris and Patti who will be traveling from Lyman. We have a lot of traveling ahead of us, but we will be spreading the driving time over two days.

My biggest question is: “What the heck?” Preparing for the trip, I checked the weather forecast for Hilton Head and this is what I found:

Look at all the rain, and the sun doesn't come back until we leave! Better yet, forecasters are showing a probability that we will be experiencing some of the effects of Tropical Storm Fay!

Well, at least it will be a week away from work.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home