Monday, December 26, 2005

New Orleans Bound

After two years of seminary, I finally decided to move to New Orleans this past fall. I lived in an apartment with three other guys (two of which are probably now married) for two and half weeks until Hurricane Katrina disrupted our lives. My roommates and I were–scattered over Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi–homeless and unemployed. This past semester, we have had to complete our course work utilizing a variety of alternate delivery methods and some, I am afraid, may have sought to continue their education elsewhere. This has been a difficult adventure for all, though in varying degrees.

Four months after Hurricane Katrina shattered my plans, I am returning to New Orleans next week. In the days before the storm made landfall, I interviewed at Ochsner and about a month ago they called and offered me a position. A long story short, I will be employed at the hospital in the inpatient pharmacy on January 1, 2006.

I am very excited about this opportunity. It is a change of pace, a change of location, and a change of environment–all of which are desperately needed. It is also an opportunity to return to classes on the campus of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. Again my excitement is difficult to contain. Simply stated: I am ready to go back!

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2006 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this is your Blog! Can you please update me! Beth has been bugging me to get you to update me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home