Saturday, December 17, 2005

Return to Bethlehem

Last night, I attended a musical by my church’s choir at the Opera House. The Opera House is where our local theatre company, the Evangeline Players, hosts their plays. Every year, our church presents our Christmas program at the Opera House.
This year, the production was Return to Bethlehem. The musical focused on one gentleman who had just participated in his church’s Christmas play. After only he and his friend arrive at the dressing area, they return to the stage to find the other characters remaining in character. While cynical at first, the actor soon realizes that he has missed the point of Christmas—Jesus. His return to Bethlehem prompts his return to the true meaning of Christmas. The only question I have is, “Does this count for Sunday?”

The play was really good and it will be performed at the church tomorrow. The nice thing about the evening is that it helped me get in the Christmas spirit, which is hard to do with the rigors of school and final exams bearing down on me the past few weeks. I also got to hang out with a few friends.
Here is Ian!
Ian, Heidi, and Chet (Heidi is not photogenic, I guess.)

Here is another one of the performance
My mom is in this picture.

1 Comments:

At December 29, 2005 12:23 PM, Blogger Mrs. D said...

Ian and Chet you are too too too cute! I miss you! Love, love, love...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home