Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A New Year’s Resolution

I am not very good with New Year’s resolutions and I am much worse with change. I think that is why I have not made a New Year’s resolution in the past few years and why I don’t think I have ever kept a New Year’s resolution for more than two weeks. The undesirable resistance to change is probably the reason why I have failed to maintain this blog.

When I began this blog a couple of years ago, I was regularly updating with thoughts, insights, perspectives, and happenings—usually, none of these were very serious in nature. It seems this regularity slowed to a halt when I moved back to the hurricane ravaged New Orleans. The difficulty of being semi-homeless (having a temporary place to stay but not a place to live), beginning a new job (in a new practice setting, hospital instead of retail), and continuing by graduate studies made blogging difficult. However, the largest hurdle was not having internet access, which also caused me to withdraw from several internet courses.

Again, the resistance to change allowed me to remain in my non-blogging state long after I overcame the difficulties listed above. Though work has kept me busy and I was extremely hard pressed for time while completing my Master’s Degree, I have not revived the blogging practice since I graduated. Even though I really enjoy blogging and like the idea of the web-log, I have really neglected my blog.

Therefore, my New Year’s resolution is to become a regular again. No, not with Metamucil© but becoming a regular blogger. My extreme will not be as my friend Beth’s, but a little more realistic with the hope of being re-establishing the habit. My goal will be to blog once a week for the entire year. Stay tuned, offer feedback, and don’t remain anonymous!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 08, 2008 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are going to keep up with your blog again. I enjoy reading it. Oh, by the way, did I tell you that LSU won the BCS National Championship AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home