Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Home, Sweet Home

Today classes began for the Fall semester. I am attempting 18 credit hours, which is the most I have attempted at seminary thus far. Among the easy courses is an introduction to New Testament Greek and systematic theology. I anticipate that these two will be my two most difficult, with the others just providing busy work for when these get boring.

Also, I moved into a new apartment on campus, so I am experiencing new room mates and a new style of living–some may even say it is living in style, though I would have to disagree. The apartment style suite has some advantages over regular dorms in that it is much better to share a kitchen and refrigerator with three other guys than with more than 30. It is also much more pleasant to share a bathroom with only one other person rather than an entire floor of the dorm. However, the same problems exist-I guess guys will still be guys and not clean-up after themselves.

Well, I am hoping to find gainful employment in New Orleans so I can start spending more time closer to school, which would make this 18 hour semester go a lot easier. That means I will begin to make “The Big Sleazy” my home, sweet home. But I do hope to travel to my real home often, though I will have to see what happens with a job. Hey, I gotta go where the money there

I will leave with a few pictures of the apartment. First a view from the door of my room,
then looking towards the door,
and finally a peek at my workstation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home