Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Not My Most Pleasant Shopping Experience!

This past weekend I purchased a computer. I knew what I wanted and I have been waiting to get it because I figured I could get a good deal if I found it on sale. Well, the model of laptop that I wanted was advertised this past Sunday and it came with Windows Vista! Since I was going to be in Lafayette at softball games, I figured I would swing by the store that had the computer on sale (you know the one with giant yellow price tag with a blue background) after the games.

Well, I went in the store and saw that the sales people were busy with other customers and there were some other individuals waiting. I decided to go get some of the things I knew I was also going to buy, like a new bag for the laptop and a new jump drive. When I came back, the sales people were still busy, so I waited. And waited. And waited.

Finally, some other store personnel came to assist, but then I learned that you had to sign-in and receive a little buzzer that they would page when it was your turn (like in restaurants). Luckily, an elderly couple decided they couldn’t wait any longer and I took their buzzer.

After 45 minutes it was finally my turn. I quickly showed the salesperson the computer I wanted and expected him to just sell it to me. What an innocent thought. After I showed him the model, he quickly tried to sell me a different computer. I investigated the differences and informed him that I preferred the one that I had selected. He asked why and I told him of the major factor that influenced my decision. He then asked if I was basing my opinion on what other people told me to which I informed him my decision was based on personal experience. He said, “I was just trying to save you a couple of bucks.” I thanked him and said that I really preferred the one that I had selected.

He then handed me a clipboard that had a form attached to it and asked me to start filling it out. Again, he started inquiring why I did not want the less expensive computer and expressing his desire to save me money. At that point I said the first thing that came to my mind, “What will it take for you to sell me the computer I want?” He then took the clipboard out of my hands, found the model number of the computer (which was underneath the display unit), slammed the computer on display against the counter, and said “Follow me.” He quickly found it in their inventory and handed it to someone else so they could process my sale.

I don’t think I will be going back to that chain very soon!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 08, 2007 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best buys sucks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home