Saturday, February 24, 2007

Well, beat the drum and hold the phone - the sun came out today!

Well, beat the drum and hold the phone - the sun came out today!
We’re born again, there’s new grass on the field.
A-roundin’ third, and headed for home, it’s a brown-eyed handsome man;
Anyone can understand the way I feel.


Oh, put me in, coach - I’m ready to play today;
Put me in, coach - I’m ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be centerfield.

(John Fogerty, “Centerfield”)
It is that time of year—baseball season. I have had only one chance to see the Ragin’ Cajun baseball team and that was before they started their season. They have had a wonderful start going 7-0. The competition is not incredibly difficult, but in baseball it’s hard to win seven in a row and it is also difficult to beat the same team three times in a row. They have swept one team on the road and will go for a home sweep this weekend (I wish I could have seen some games).

Anyway, the Ragin’ Cajun softball team is also out to an impressive start. While they have lost two games, they have handled some pretty stiff competition. They have played two top twenty-five teams twice and run-ruled each of them at least once. They are now ranked in the top 10 in the country and going for a third tournament win. The two previous tournaments they have hosted and this one they are playing on the road.

These pictures were taken a couple of weekends ago before the baseball season started and at the girls’ first tournament. It was a beautiful day for baseball.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home