Sunday, August 28, 2005

Now This Is Something I Can Do!

I have been looking for gainful employment in the New Orleans area, but my search has not been very fruitful. As Hurricane Katrina approaches New Orleans, bringing catastrophe and destruction with it, I am confident my job search will be even less productive as potential employers will be less concerned with hiring than with rebuilding their destroyed buildings. So, I have been thinking outside of the box and considering some interesting jobs that I might be able to perform. And I think I have found the one for me.

As soon as I moved into my apartment in New Orleans a few weeks before school began, I noticed these stickers on the inside of all of our cabinets. In every cabinet, someone certified that it was actually a cabinet. Now I could definitely do this job, and I probably could even do it without leaving my apartment! Give me an assistant with a digital camera and some stickers and I, too, could do this job.
I think it would be rather simple. My assistant could take pictures of things he thought were cabinets, forward those pictures to me in an e-mail, I could respond via e-mail confirming or denying that the object in the picture is a cabinet, and, if it is, my assistant could put the sticker on the inside of one of the doors. This would not be a difficult or time consuming job, which would be great for me! The only problem is I think I might have a lot of competition for this job, especially since most people can tell the difference between a cabinet and a countertop, a bookshelf, or armoire. Also, I don’t think the best pick-up line in the world would be, “Hey girl, I certify cabinets for a living.” So I will continue looking for a job, but if you hear of anyone looking for someone to certify that cabinets are indeed cabinets, let me know.

And this cabinet is in...

You guessed it! The bathroom.

P.S. Tonya, you can now post comments anonymously (I actually spelled that correctly without the spell check, go me!), but why would you want to do that if I know it is you? Please sign the comments so I know at whom to be mad. :->

2 Comments:

At August 29, 2005 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure that the cabinet in the bathroom has been certified by you, recertified by you, again, and again, and again. I'm sure you could get a job certifying cabinets in the bathroom. You would actually be able to do two things at the same time. Have a good day.
Wendy

 
At August 30, 2005 4:07 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Multi-tasking is my middle name!

-jon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home