Thursday, May 04, 2006

Music Speaks Volumes

On the way home from work today, I heard the Def Leppard song, “Pour Some Sugar on Me.” Big deal, hugh? Well it is a big deal because 3 years ago I was accosted during this song.

Some friends and I had traveled to San Antonio that hot summer day and the one person who was driving refused to stop so anyone could eat. By the time we got to the hotel and on the River Walk, most of the places were closing, save for the Hard Rock. When we went inside and were waiting for our table, this song was playing and a waiter came up to me and started dancing ON ME. This was right at the point where the song goes “I’m hot, sticky sweet; from my head to my feet, yeah.” NO, NO, NO!

Well, this is the last weekend of Jazzfest in New Orleans. I worked last weekend (the first weekend of the festival) and I was planning on going home this weekend, though I have to work again, so I won’t make the festival or the visit with my parents. However, in honor of the festival, I pulled out some old CDs of the people who were playing—like Bruce Springsteen. I also started listening to some John (Cougar) Mellencamp.

You know how lyrics begin to stick in your head? It’s always been that way with a few of Mellencamp’s songs, like “Hurt So Good” and “Jack and Diane”, but now it has happened with “I Need a Lover.” It is not a good thing to be going around work singing:

I need a lover that won’t drive me crazy
Some girl who’ll thrill me and then go away
I need a lover that won’t drive me crazy
Some girl that knows the meaning of ah-
Hey hit the highway!

Not very good at all!

1 Comments:

At May 09, 2006 5:04 PM, Blogger Mrs. D said...

That was a nice trip down Memory Lane! That WAS a funny trip...all except the part about the DRIVER refusing to stop to let the rest of us FEED!

:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home