Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Newsflash!

New Orleans (JB)—Ray Nagin, the mayor of New Orleans, along with other emergency officials including the fire chief and Home Land Security officers, announced the plan for avoiding catastrophe and chaos in the event of a storm this hurricane season. The keystone of the plan is personal responsibility. People will not be allowed to just go to the Superdome at the last minute. Instead, individuals who do not have the means to leave the city by themselves, must find a way to the convention center and there they will be provided transportation to a shelter outside of the storm path.

I do not know if this plan will work because of the necessity of personal responsibility. It seems as though that was the major problem last time.

Just as a little aside, I had strawberry soda and fried chicken for lunch. I think that combination is very ghetto! I finish classes for the Spring semester next Tuesday night when I take my final in Greek! I’m glad it’s over, I’m ready to make it to a couple more baseball games!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home