Monday, July 24, 2006

Jambalaya!

This weekend I made some jambalaya by slow cooking a round steak and a chicken breast and then adding some rice to the mixture right before it was finished. It was great! Before I cooked the steak, I marinated it in my special mixture, seared it, and threw it in the slow cooker. It was great (or have I said that already)! Well, anyway, I think the verb tense is incorrect because I still have a couple of days of it remaining.

I wish the internet would have the ability to transmit scents (and also sense, because a lot of people need that every morning in their e-mail), because it smelled good too! You will have to settle for pictures, unless you would want me to cook some for you, just invite me over; I’ll make sure I’m in the neighborhood.

Jambalaya in the Pot

A Pretty Good Combination
(The stuff in the jar is Mr. George’s Sauce Picaunte, the off-label stuff.)
(Even the Barq’s knows that it’s good.)

An Artistic View of a Plate of Food

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2006 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can me and Patti have some Jambalya for dinner tomorrow night, I know you can't drive up here in time, but you sure can fly. You said you would make sure you were in the neighborhood. As a friendly reminder we live on the North West side of town, not the East West side of town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home