Friday, June 16, 2006

I’m Looking for a Dog

Now that I have hung my previous set of pictures, I am looking to get some more and hang in what will be my dining area. Let’s get serious and talk about money for a minute. The previous prints that I purchased, framed, and hung became kind of expensive, at least to me. This time I will try to keep my purchases a little more reasonable.

I bought the previous pictures at the French Market because they all had a New Orleans style theme—the St. Charles Street Streetcar, a carriage in Jackson Square, Café du Monde, and Preservation Hall. Immediately after purchasing these prints, I noticed others were selling copies of George Rodrigue’s Blue Dog paintings. These were already framed and had the Blue Dog in various places, like in front of the T.V. or behind some drums. They are very colorful, small (6” x 6”), and would work well for a cozy dining area. So, I think I am going to get a couple of dogs, Blue Dogs that is.

By the way, this is a Blue Dog.

P.S. If anyone would like to buy me an original Blue Dog or even a print (the less popular ones start over $1000), you can feel free to do so, I will not even complain about having to frame it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home