Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I’m Ready, Are You?

At work we have been asked to volunteer to be on a hurricane team. Since the hospital remains open, we must be staffed in the event of this emergency and provide relief for the workers who remain. During Katrina everyone worked rotating seven day schedules. In the past the “A-Team,” including Mr. T, would always be called in if there was a hurricane approaching, and the “B-Team” would relieve the first team. This year they have chosen to provide a different team designation that rotates with each call-in and utilizes colors. Basically team blue is the “A-Team” on the first call-in and the yellow team would relieve them after seven days or so. On the second storm, the yellow team will be the first responders with the blue team providing relief.

Management has also allowed some people to be permanent members of the first responders. I have joined this team and will be in the hospital for every storm. I figure it is easier to get to the hospital than out of the city in a massive evacuation.

The primary source of complaints from those who remained last year was the food. So this year, I’m prepared. When I went “make grocery” yesterday, I got some supplies that should last me seven days through the storm. Here is a picture of the supplies and the camouflage bag (Ms. Pat gave that to me) that I was able to put most of the stuff into. Now I am ready!
The Goodies

Can't get it all in the bag!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home