Friday, April 06, 2007

Minot Trip Day 1: Travel

Today was travel day. It began after I left school and went back to the apartment to grab my bags. I had a couple of minutes, but used those doing some odds and ends around the place.

On my way to the airport, I wanted to go in to work for a couple of minutes to pick up my check stub (it was payday and all). On my way out, I realized that I spent a couple more minutes there than I wanted to and now would be late getting to the airport if there was much traffic.

While checking in at the airline, I remembered that I did not get a seat assignment when I purchased my ticket, which made me a little nervous, but hopeful that I would get the extra couple of inches of leg room that the exit row offers. Well, they had one gate agent for three gates and the flight at one of the other gates that was scheduled to leave an hour before mine was delayed. The gate agent spent so much time handling the delay that he had not provided any seat assignments to any of the six people that were waiting by the time another agent opened the flight for boarding. And the flight was overbooked!

Well, I made it to North Dakota a little late, but the flights were relatively uneventful. As I was waiting for my checked luggage, I heard a fellow passenger ask his girlfriend if she had brought his jacket. When she responded that she had not, he began to wine and cry saying that it was 16 degrees outside and he was going to be so cold. I walked up to him and told him to get over it, it was 16 degrees outside and I was wearing flip-flops!


The Flip-Flops

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home