Thursday, September 29, 2005

Milk Money

The movie Milk Money (1994) is a comedy about 3 curious boys who save their milk money to gaze upon the naked body of a prostitute in the city. In a twist of fate, the woman who agrees to participate, rescues the boys from being mugged, and brings them home. On the way, one of the boys, Frank, decides this woman would be the perfect match for his widowed father.
Well, I have a little milk fund of my own going on; though, I am not going to use the money for the same purpose as the boys in the movie. Instead, I think I am going to use the money to purchase an engagement ring when the time comes. This is how it works: I empty my loose change from my pockets into these milk bottles at the end of each day. I also have a jelly jar in my truck so I can deposit change from when I go through a drive through or after I buy a snowball (this encourages me to save because I don't spend my change this way).


I do not think I am anywhere close to being engaged (I really need to have a serious relationship with a member of the opposite sex before pursuing an engagement, or I could kiss dating goodbye). Also slowing my progress is the small amount of money I have been able to put away. If I were to attempt to purchase a ring today, I would probably have to go to a machine and turn a lever and have one come out in a plastic container.

But there is hope! You can contribute to the fund. Give me your loose change and I will put it to good use for me! If you need help finding some, I will be happy to check your car, your sofa, and your pockets. And by the way, next time I ride in your car and you notice me picking up the change behind the seat--–NOW YOU KNOW WHAT I AM DOING! ;)

2 Comments:

At October 09, 2005 7:39 AM, Blogger Mrs. D said...

A man with an eye for the future...that's cool! Good luck saving up your milk money, Jon!

 
At October 21, 2005 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you will be saving for a while, maybe you can buy me and Patti a Christmas present or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home