Monday, October 03, 2005

Clueless: Part Deux

I received some confusing information today from an “expert” in the field of flirting. He suggested that if a female is involved in a conversation with a male, it is not considered flirting until she touches him--you know, the slight brush on the arm or pat on the shoulder. He called it the touch rule; if she is close enough to touch you then she has smelled the cologne and is going in for you.

I am perplexed, was Greta (see below, “Clueless”) really flirting with me or not? She was never within 6 feet of me. The conversation we had was not very deep, but she did share a lot about herself, like her job (other than Stage), her education, her family (brothers and stuff), and her interest. But she never touched me.

So was she flirting or not? I really am clueless guys. Give me a heads up on this touch rule. Is it like the use of a conjunction at the beginning of a sentence--a good rule, but it can be broken. Tell me how to really tell if a girl is flirting or if she is bored out of her mind with her job and just willing to make small talk with anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home