Saturday, October 01, 2005

Clueless

This afternoon, my parents and I decided to do a little shopping on our way to the UL football game. The plan was that we would stop at Stage where I would look for a pair of pants and my mom would look for “some outfits” for our trip to North Dakota and then we would get something to eat before the game. Because I knew the item for which I was looking (and they did not have), I was ready to go in under 5 minutes. However, my mom was just looking, and took a long time; therefore, I looked like some loser hanging around the women’s section of a clothing store. I even got some weird looks from the assistant manger, but that is another story for another post.

Eventually, I went walking around the shopping center and returned as my mom was beginning to check out. The girl that was helping her began making small talk with me. Well, for several reasons, the transaction probably took about 10-12 minutes. The whole time I was having a friendly conversation with Greta, the customer service representative.

As we were walking out of the store and into the parking lot, my mom comments on how much Greta was flirting with me. I ask my mom if she was serious--did she really think Greta was flirting with me? My mom said that she definitely was putting her moves on and remarked how Greta had talked to me more than her and she was the one making the purchase. I cannot believe how clueless I am. My mom is there picking up on the signals and I think that all that happened was just innocent small talk.

Greta, if you are out there, you have to excuse me; I am a little slow. Maybe our paths will cross again. Or maybe I will become more socially aware and learn to pick-up on all these signals that are out there. As for now, I am clueless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home