Thursday, August 31, 2006

Reflections

I have not blogged in a while and with school starting I will not have very many things to blog about for quite a while. However, I thought I would let you into a couple of my thoughts over the past few days. WARNING: Some of these thoughts have come to me while day dreaming during philosophy and chapel!

Philosophically speaking, if one rejects a valid and sound argument, does that make the individual philosophically deaf?

When do I get to be in the “real world”? I remember when my dad was leading a Bible study at church for youth and mentioned that we were not in the real world. Many of us high school age youth took issue with him. I had professors, Sunday School teachers, and even friends suggest that while I was in college I was not in the real world. The chapel speaker today alluded that we were not yet in the real world. Why don’t I get to live there, or at least visit?

I got a raise! Actually, it was a four percent cost of living increase. Here is the deal, over the past year my rent has doubled and energy cost have risen at least 33%. My two primary expenses have increased at a rate about ten times the amount of the cost of living increase. I am fortunate, with my extra three dollars a day, I can buy a bag of cookies in the cafeteria or I could save it all week and order a pizza or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home